Hello , this is Gangnam Samsung Aesthetic Clinic.
Thank you for your question.
Cosmetic nasal surgery (Rhinoplasty) is a surgical procedure that can produce changes in the appearance, structure and function of the nose.
Rhinoplasty can reduce or increase the size of the nose, change the shape of the tip, narrow the width of the nostrils, or change the angle between the nose and the upper lip.
There is not a universal type of rhinoplasty surgery that will meet the needs of every patient.
Rhinoplasty surgery is customized for each patient, depending on his or her needs.
Incisions may be made within the nose or concealed in inconspicuous locations of the nose in the open tip rhinoplasty procedure.
In some situations, cartilage grafts, taken from within the nose or from other areas of the body may be recommended in order to help reshape the structure of the nose.
Other techniques of rhinoplasty use dermofat grafts from your buttocks, fascial graft from your temple, or other man-made materials to enhance the projection of the nasal tip.
1. Get up and around after 24 hours.
2. Eat cool, soft foods only for 24 hours after surgery.
3. Wash face gently with cool water only for 24 hours. Keep the dressing dry until your post operative visit.
4. Apply ice compresses intermittently for 48 hours under eyes to help alleviate swelling.
5. Do not bend forward.
6. Open your mouth when sneezing. Do not blow your nose for two weeks.
7. Under NO Circumstances touch or poke your nose with any foreign objects.
8. The plaster dressing will be removed after approximately seven days at your post op visit.
9. You will encounter swelling and bruising which will subside in due course.
10. Avoid strenuous activity for approximately six weeks. Too much strenuous exercise too soon may cause bleeding.
11. Be patient. It may take as long as nine months for the subtler contour changes of the nose to take place and finalize.
12. Do not take aspirin for at least one week following surgery.
If you have any other questions you can contact us anytime.